MAY 14TH WEBINAR
In this free webinar, you can learn about new Alabama laws that allow you to make your estate and long-term care plans even in this era of social distancing from John R. Holliman, JD and Melanie B. Holliman, JD.
- New laws for completing legal documents remotely
- How to complete estate plans during the pandemic
- VA benefits and long-term care planning
- Protecting assets and long-term care planning
- Crisis planning - what to do if faced with immediate transitioning to a skilled nursing facility
John R. Holliman and Melanie B. Holliman (formerly Melanie B. Bradford) are often out and about the community giving seminars and workshops on a variety of topics related to long-term care, special needs, asset protection, Social Security disability, Medicaid application and qualification, Veterans benefits, estate and gift tax planning.
Need a Speaker?
If you are planning an event, contact us by email or call us at 205-663-0281, and let's see if legal topics would be a good fit.
HealthCare Documents: What is Needed and Why - Replay
- March 31, 2020 webinar
Melanie B. Holliman, JD presents an overview of healthcare legal documents that you should have in place and current, especially considering the current pandemic. These are the documents that your family and loved ones will need if you were to become incapacitated due to sickness and could not direct your health care yourself.
Long Term Care and Guardianships on The Attorneys
- February 23, 2020
John R. Holliman, JD is the guest speaker discussing long-term care and guardianships and more info about how to start an estate plan.
2019 Speaking Engagements
- CLE Alabama, Annual Elder Law Conference - The "new" POMS", Common Special Needs Trust Administration Issues and Ethical Issues
- Alabama Law Weekly, CLE Conference - Special Needs Trusts in Alabama: Avoid Malpractice & Be a Hero to Your Clients
- Alabama Probate Judges Conference - Special Needs Trust in Probate Courts
- CLE Alabama Webcast For Attorneys Only - 2018 VA Update: New Regulations, Techniques and Tips for Navigating VA Long Term Care Pension Benefits
- CLE Alabama Webcast for Attorneys Only - What Every Lawyer Should Know About Special Needs Trusts presented by University of Alabama Law School, and Alabama Family Trust;
- Monthly Estate Planning Webinars in conjunction with Alzheimer's Association
- The Alabama Law Weekly CLE Alabama (lawyers only) Special Needs Trusts in Alabama: Avoid Malpractice and Be a Hero to Your Clients
- Alabama Gerontological Society (AGS) - Paying for Long-Term Care and Public Benefits
- CLE Alabama - Annual Elder Law Conference - Medicaid End-of-Month Income Issues and VA Update
- Avoiding Legal Malpractice by Using Special Needs Trusts
Recent Comments from Participants:
"Melanie did an awesome sauce & cool beans job. I enjoyed it & learned a lot!"
"My wife and I first heard John Holliman talk about Elder Law when he spoke at a "Lunch and Learn" program at our church. . . . When we met with John at his Pelham office, he outlined exactly what we needed so we would avoid probate. it was one of the most professional presentations and estate planning sessions I have ever been a part of. John, indeed, knows elder law!" - Chaplain (Lieutenant Colonel) Michael L. Raymo, U.S. Army Retired