The dissolution of a marriage or partnership raises a lot of issues, but especially when children are involved. Child custody and child support agreements must be put into place that are based on the children's best interests.
As an experienced family lawyer, Jim Holliman advocates for the rights and needs of children with compassion and privacy. He can help determine the best child custody arrangement for your situation by:
- Reviewing the child custody evaluator’s recommendations
- Identifying and making known the children’s preferences
- Explaining how local and state laws impact your specific case
- Devising a plan of viable child custody for your children
Courts consider both the physical and legal custody of a child during child custody proceedings.
- Physical custody focuses on where the child resides.
- Legal custody focuses on the decision-making process of the parents, including the right to decide educational preferences, religious practices, medical treatments, and activities of the children.
Let Us Help
Jim Holliman and his staff will work with you to resolve your child custody discussions and protect your children's best interests while preserving your parental rights.
Call us today at 205-663-0281.
Jim Holliman, Family Law Attorney