Adopting can be a rewarding experience for all concerned:
- A child of any minor age
- An adult who is disabled or mentally handicapped, as defined by the Alabama State Department of Human Services (DHS)
- A birth mother seeking to get her child into a good home
- Single individuals or families looking to welcome someone new into their homes
- Relatives who hope to assume responsibility for minor children and/or adult relatives in need
- A step-parent wishing to adopt their spouse’s children
Adopting Into Your Family?
Our legal assistance can help you make that new special person a member of your family - protected and secure.
If you want to know more about adopting in Alabama, call us today at 205-663-0281. Jim Holliman is a knowledgeable adoptions attorney who can reduce the delay, frustration, and expense of adoptions by:
- Navigating the legal and bureaucratic complexities
- Explaining adoption statues and issues
- Preparing adoption documentation
- Representing you in court during adoption hearings
- Advocating on your behalf should any challenges arise in the future
And once your new family member is in place, have Bradford & Holliman review and update your estate plan to make sure your new family member is included and protected adequately.
Jim Holliman, Family Law Attorney
Dianne Dunlap, Paralegal