John Holliman and Melanie B. Holliman (formerly Melanie B. Bradford) are often out and about the community giving seminars and workshops on a variety of topics related to long-term care, special needs, asset protection, Social Security disability, Medicaid application and qualification, Veterans benefits, estate tax and gift tax planning.
Need a Speaker?
If you are planning an event, contact us by email or call us at 205-663-0281, and let's see if legal topics would be a good fit.
Upcoming and Previous Speaking Engagements
- July 31, 11:30 AM Mimosas & Money - Brookdale University Park - Panel of elder law, trusts, finance, and real estate professionals - Register by July 27th with [email protected] More Info
- May - September - Monthly Estate Planning Webinars in conjunction with Alzheimer's Association More Details
- June 16, 8 AM - 3 PM - Jones Chapel A.M.E. Church Community Outreach Day - Melanie and John Holliman speak at 9 AM - More Info
- May 10 - 11 - Special Needs Trusts in Alabama: Avoid Malpractice and Be a Hero to Your Clients,The Alabama Law Weekly CLE Conference (lawyers only)
- April 19th - VA Benefits Update Act Now, Not Later, 10:30 AM, in Rainbow City, AL; More Info
- April 5th - Paying for Long-Term Care and Public Benefits *** - sponsored by Alabama Gerontological Society (AGS) at Embassy Suites in Hoover
- March 10th - Birmingham Parents' 8th Annual Special Needs Expo, 9am - 3pm - Exhibit on Special Needs
- March 7th - Long-Term Care Planning and Public Benefits*** - Continuing Education Lunch & Learn sponsored by Brookdale, 12 - 1 PM, Brookdale University Park, First Floor/Gazebo Room at 400 University Park Drive, Birmingham,
- RSVP by Monday, March 5th to Leanne Messer at 205--613-0688 or [email protected]
- February 15th - Basic Estate Planning and Mistakes to Avoid - Lunch & Learn sponsored by Fairhaven Retirement and Cindy Monk, Realtor
- February 10th - "Paying for Long-term Care & Public Benefits"***, Parenting Your Parents conference sponsored by Rehab Select Shelby Ridge in Alabaster, AL - open to public as well as professionals
*** CEU credits available for nurses, caregivers, and case workers
Recent Comments from Participants:
"Melanie did an awesome sauce & cool beans job. I enjoyed it & learned a lot!"
"My wife and I first heard John Holliman talk about Elder Law when he spoke at a "Lunch and Learn" program at our church. . . . When we met with John at his Pelham office, he outlined exactly what we needed so we would avoid probate. it was one of the most professional presentations and estate planning sessions I have ever been a part of. John, indeed, knows elder law!" - Chaplain (Lieutenant Colonel) Michael L. Raymo, U.S. Army Retired