John Holliman and Melanie B. Holliman (formerly Melanie B. Bradford) are often out and about the community giving seminars and workshops on a variety of topics related to long-term care, special needs, asset protection, Social Security disability, Medicaid application and qualification, Veterans benefits, estate tax and gift tax planning.
Need a Speaker?
If you are planning an event, contact us by email or call us at 205-663-0281, and let's see if legal topics would be a good fit.
Moving Forward on Your Own seminars
February 21st from 8:45 AM - 11:45 AM More Details
Hosted by Ameriprise Financial, this half-day seminar is geared specifically for those who have recently lost their spouses. Panel speakers will include legal professionals such as Melanie B. Holliman, mental health professionals, and financial advisors from Ameriprise Financial.
Register for this free seminar at ameripriseadvisors.com/donna.s.cates or call 205-909- 3126 or email email@example.com
Elder Law: Medicaid and Other Issues
Presented by CLE Alabama and the University of Alabama Culverhouse School of Law (6 MCLE credits and 1 Ethics credit)
February 22nd at Embassy Suites Hoover Hotel, Birmingham, AL Registration
This full-day seminar has a variety of speakers including:
- John R. Holliman, JD presenting VA Rocks Their Rules on Resource Limits, Look-Back, and Penalties
- Melanie B. Holliman, JD presenting Special Needs Trusts and Market Place Issues, Including Ethical Considerations (30 minutes ethics) - Disbursements for Auto Purchase Companion Travel, POMS Update, and Distributions to ENABLE Accounts
Upcoming Free Legal Seminars
In 2019, we will be hosting small seminars at our Pelham office. Only 12 seats will be available for each seminar so that we can get into your more specific questions.
For reservations, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and specify which seminar fits your topic needs and schedule.
March 19, 4:00 - 5:00 PM - Paying for Long-Term Care and Asset Protection - Melanie B. Holliman, JD
March 21, 4:00 - 5:00 PM - VA Benefits - John R. Holliman, JD
- December 5 - 8:30 - 10:30 AM CT Webcast For Attorneys Only - 2018 VA Update: New Regulations, Techniques and Tips for Navigating VA Long Term Care Pension Benefits presented by CLE Alabama The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) recently implemented sweeping changes to regulations governing veterans' eligibility for VA pension programs. Any attorney representing Veterans, whether elder law attorneys or attorneys representing Veterans for service connected disabilities, should be aware of these drastic new changes to the regulations!
- October 3 - Webcast for Attorneys Only - What Every Lawyer Should Know About Special Needs Trusts presented by CLE Alabama, University of Alabama Law School, and Alabama Family Trust; 3 MCLU credits including 1 Ethics credit
- May 10 - 11 - Special Needs Trusts in Alabama: Avoid Malpractice and Be a Hero to Your Clients,The Alabama Law Weekly CLE Conference (lawyers only)
- April 5th - Paying for Long-Term Care and Public Benefits *** - sponsored by Alabama Gerontological Society (AGS) at Embassy Suites in Hoover
*** CEU credits available for nurses, caregivers, and case workers
Recent Comments from Participants:
"Melanie did an awesome sauce & cool beans job. I enjoyed it & learned a lot!"
"My wife and I first heard John Holliman talk about Elder Law when he spoke at a "Lunch and Learn" program at our church. . . . When we met with John at his Pelham office, he outlined exactly what we needed so we would avoid probate. it was one of the most professional presentations and estate planning sessions I have ever been a part of. John, indeed, knows elder law!" - Chaplain (Lieutenant Colonel) Michael L. Raymo, U.S. Army Retired