John Holliman and Melanie B. Holliman (formerly Melanie B. Bradford) are often out and about the community giving seminars and workshops on a variety of topics related to long-term care, special needs, asset protection, Social Security disability, Medicaid application and qualification, Veterans benefits, estate tax and gift tax planning.
Need a Speaker?
If you are planning an event, contact us by email or call us at 205-663-0281, and let's see if legal topics would be a good fit.
Upcoming Free Seminars
May 3rd at 11 AM - 1 PM - Scottsboro Public Library - Understanding Disability VA Benefits and VA Long-Term Care Benefits - Free
June 20th - Moving Forward on Your Own: After the Death of Your Husband - free seminar hosted by Donna S. Cates, Associate Vice President of Ameriprise Financial. Melanie B. Holliman, JD will be part of the panel of professionals who will address concerns of bereaved spouses. More details: Moving Forward on Your Own Seminar
Early 2019 Speaking Engagements
February - Elder Law Seminar hosted by University of Alabama Law School (continuing education for attorneys)
January - Special Needs Trust in Probate Courts - presented to Alabama Probate Judges' conference
Previous 2018 Seminars
- December 5 - 8:30 - 10:30 AM CT Webcast For Attorneys Only - 2018 VA Update: New Regulations, Techniques and Tips for Navigating VA Long Term Care Pension Benefitspresented by CLE Alabama The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) recently implemented sweeping changes to regulations governing veterans' eligibility for VA pension programs. Any attorney representing Veterans, whether elder law attorneys or attorneys representing Veterans for service connected disabilities, should be aware of these drastic new changes to the regulations! REGISTRATION
- October 3 - Webcast for Attorneys Only - What Every Lawyer Should Know About Special Needs Trusts presented by CLE Alabama, University of Alabama Law School, and Alabama Family Trust; 3 MCLU credits including 1 Ethics credit Registration
- May - September - Monthly Estate Planning Webinars in conjunction with Alzheimer's Association All of the replays can be found here, or specific replay links are listed below:
- Replay of Long-Term Care Strategies & Options - May 15th (1 hour 15 minutes)
- Replay of Crisis Planning - June 19 ( 1 hour 20 minutes)
- The Basics of Estate Planning - July 17 (1 hour 20 minutes)
- Blended Family Estate Planning - August 21 (1 hour 25 minutes)
- Questions & Answers on Estate Planning - September 18 (1 hour 30 minutes)
- May 10 - 11 - Special Needs Trusts in Alabama: Avoid Malpractice and Be a Hero to Your Clients,The Alabama Law Weekly CLE Conference (lawyers only)
- April 5th - Paying for Long-Term Care and Public Benefits *** - sponsored by Alabama Gerontological Society (AGS) at Embassy Suites in Hoover
*** CEU credits available for nurses, caregivers, and case workers
Recent Comments from Participants:
"Melanie did an awesome sauce & cool beans job. I enjoyed it & learned a lot!"
"My wife and I first heard John Holliman talk about Elder Law when he spoke at a "Lunch and Learn" program at our church. . . . When we met with John at his Pelham office, he outlined exactly what we needed so we would avoid probate. it was one of the most professional presentations and estate planning sessions I have ever been a part of. John, indeed, knows elder law!" - Chaplain (Lieutenant Colonel) Michael L. Raymo, U.S. Army Retired